Highly motivated individual who has some experience in the commercial construction industry.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, iPads, and others
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
Hourly employees who have been employed by D&S Builders, LLC full-time (average at least 30 hours of service per week) for a period of 60 days are eligible to enroll in the D&S Building, LLC group insurance program the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
All Hourly full-time employees who’s hire date is 60 days prior to the holiday (average at least 2,000 hours annually) will receive the following paid holidays.
Paid Time Off
All Hourly full-time employees: (average at least 2,000 hours annually) are eligible for PTO after one year from their hire date.
- Can take anytime
- Must be used in 8hr increments
- Superintendents sign off
- Must be submitted to office prior to time off
Our “PTO Year” is based upon anniversary/calendar year. This means that your PTO begins one year from your start date and resets every January 1st and ends on December 31 each year afterwards. Hourly employees who have worked consecutively for 1-3 years receive 3 PTO days. Hourly employees who have worked 4 consecutive years or greater receive 5 PTO days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.50 - $22.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road